Classic Asian ingredients and flavors are featured in this Taiwanese pork noodle soup.
1. Sub chicken for the pork for a Taiwanese chicken noodle soup!
2. The Thai red chilies in this soup are VERY spicy! The two I use are just enough to give the soup a solidly spicy boost to without it being overpowering. But that’s just my personal preference. Exclude them if you’re not a fan of spicy. Or add more!
3. Because this soup has a spicy kick, I love the addition of a little sugar to complement the spice. I add about a teaspoon per bowl. But you could certainly leave out the sugar entirely. Or add more!
4. Experiment with different herbs and seasonings. Add in a cinnamon stick. Throw in some cloves or fennel seeds. A little of this or that won’t ruin your soup. It will only enhance it.
5. Chinese egg noodles work well in this recipe. I often use udon.
© 2021 Fearless Eating. All rights reserved. • Taiwanese Pork Noodle Soup Recipe https://fearlesseating.net/?p=5362