Welcome to the latest edition of my recurring monthly feature where I highlight some of my favorite fearless links from the previous month.
These links challenge the nutritional status quo which tells us such fallacies as fat will make us fat, cholesterol will clog our arteries and salt will raise our blood pressure.
They also may challenge you to step out of the industrial food system, to support local farms and maybe even to cook more.
Most of these fellow real food bloggers can be found at The Village Green Network. They’re all working hard to give a voice to small farms and the real food and health movement. Some are oriented around raising healthy kids, some around cooking real food, some are more geared like myself towards nutrition and some a little of everything.
Check ’em out and connect with those that resonate with you.
In no particular order, here are my five favorite links (and recipes) from the past month. And if you find something you like, please share it with others!
Top Five Fearless Links
1. Are you still taking antacids or acid-reducing medications? Empowered Sustenance gives you the lowdown on the dirty secret behind heartburn medications.
2. As a coffee drinker, I LOVE this article on the health benefits of coffee by The Nourished Life.
3. Do you or someone you know have Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)? What is the best diet for PCOS? This fantastic post by Holistic Squid will show you.
4. Real Food Suomi does a nice job explaining why you should become a member of the Weston A. Price Foundation.
5. In our excercise-obsessed society, sometimes there are good reasons not to workout. Our Nourishing Roots gives you ten of them.
Top Five Fearless Recipes
1. How to Make Bone Broth by Health Extremist.
2. Beet and Carrot-Ginger Kvass by Love and Wild Honey.
3. Easy to Make Sauerkraut by Granny’s Vital Vittles.
4. Cobb Salad Recipe by DJ Foodie.
5. Sweet Risotto by Nourished Kitchen.
Craig Fear is the creator of Fearless Eating and the author of three books, The 30-Day Heartburn Solution, Fearless Broths and Soups and The Thai Soup Secret. After years helping clients with digestive issues, Craig decided to pursue writing full-time. He intends to write many more books on broths and soups from around the world! Click here to learn more about Craig.
The 9 Best New England Cookbooks
How to Find the Best Prices on Organic Food Online