Welcome back to another monthly edition of the Top Five Fearless Links!
Each month I probably read a few hundred nutrition-related blogs and articles. I share my favorites throughout the month on my Fearless Eating Facebook page and bookmark the ones that really stand out. At the end of the month I sift through the bookmarks and pick out my top 5.
So in no particular order, here are my top 5 favorite posts of the month of April:
1. Do you use almond flour for grain-free baking? Empowered Sustenance gives you five reasons to avoid almond flour.
2. Do you throw out lemon peels? Don’t waste them! Thank Your Body shows you 31 ways to use a lemon peel.
3. How does adding butter and coconut oil to your morning cup of coffee sound? Kinda gross, right? That’s what I thought until I tried it for the first time. It was heaven. Really, you HAVE to try this! Life Sanity shows you why and how to make bulletproof coffee.
4. Do you like ice cream? I know, stupid question. Unfortunately, most ice cream today, even organic versions contain some sneaky additives. Guar gum and carrageenan are two in particular that are used as thickeners and stabilizers. Girl Meets Nourishment discusses the problem with guar gum and Whole Green Love does the same with carrageenan.
5. Are you a vegetarian? Healy Real Food Vegetarian discusses 5 vegetarian foods you should NEVER eat.
OK, so that’s really six links. Bonus month!
And as usual, here are my top 5 favorite real food recipes of the month:
1. Butter Buttons (a healthy sweet candy with butter and honey) by The Elliot Homestead.
2. Homemade Zesty BBQ Sauce by Scratch Mommy.
3. Making Homemade Mayonnaise (video included) by Cultured Palate.
4. How to Make Cultured Butter by Homemade Mommy.
5. Homemade Buttermilk Garlic Ranch Dressing by The Rising Spoon.
Photo credit: saint-kat-surf-morro-rock_0085 by mikebaird on Flick
Craig Fear is the creator of Fearless Eating and the author of three books, The 30-Day Heartburn Solution, Fearless Broths and Soups and The Thai Soup Secret. After years helping clients with digestive issues, Craig decided to pursue writing full-time. He intends to write many more books on broths and soups from around the world! Click here to learn more about Craig.
How to Find, Identify, and Cook Fiddlehead Ferns
How to Make a Simple Portuguese Clam Stew